<$BlogRSDURL$>


Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Packed letterbox! 

Today a whole bunch of stuff arrived by mail!

Jill heard the Postie say "Fair dinkum!" as he beheld a highly decorated envelope from Jase Harper, containing a copy of his fine collection of comics work, Guh!.

My package from Lulu arrived, containing Platinum Grit graphic novels and comics, a collected Hairbutt the Hippo Funnies and a Maggie McFee compilation. Australian comics rock! Lulu still has "Super Saver" (free) shipping until February.

A copy of the magnificent The Book of Ballads, edited (and largely illustrated) by Charles Vess also arrived and it contains so many of my favourites, adapted in graphic form - possible review soon...

On the music front, I received a compilation sampler CD from my mate Paul in Belgium (thanks!), which I'll be happily listening to while I draw. I've started on that Portfolio piece and am working up the background as collage, which is a journey of discovery...

We went to see The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe on New Year's Eve, and I will try to review it soon. Maybe the fact that I didn't feel compelled to write about it straight away is a sign of my ambivalence about it :).

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?