<$BlogRSDURL$>


Friday, March 17, 2006

Recent animal album covers 



Okay, I admit I'm a sucker for a pretty album cover. Indulge me - today's my birthday :). Here's four recent album covers that feature beasties of various sorts, and they're all beautiful and well though out pieces of art on albums by reputable artists.

They are:
  • Lookaftering - by the legendary Vashti Bunyan
  • The Brave and the Bold - by Bonny "Prince" Charlie & (progressiveish band) Tortoise
  • Feeding the Wolves - a mini-album by fine local singer/songwriter, Josh Pyke
  • Fox Confessor Brings the Flood - by Neko Case


  • Any opinions/reviews welcomed - help me decide which one I should purchase first. If anyone needs album artwork featuring animals designed, I'd definitely be interested in giving it a go!

    Labels:


    Comments:
    HAppy Birthday! The cover that caught my eye is the Joshe Pyke one. Its unusaul, free, experimental and fluffy. Makes me want to hear his music. It also made me think of a group called Husky Rescue www.husky-rescue.com. they have great graphics on the flash site. Enjoy the rest of your day.
     
    Thanks, Queen Tut! I'll check out the Husky Rescue site soon (I can't do Flash on this little computer). Speaking of which, I think Josh Pyke has a snazzy website at http://www.joshpyke.com with lots of info and CDs for sale, etc. I didn't link all the artists, but the other three are easy to find.

    Neko Case had a nice tiger cover on her previous CD.

    Since I posted this, I've found a whole bunch more recent CDs with nice animal covers, so I'll probably post a followup! I'd love a piece of this design action...
     
    Happy Birthday Ian! I feel so happy knowing it's your special day today. How I wish I can give you a big hug! I guess, you are singing and feel so blessed.

    Here's wishing you all the best and more success with all the endeavors you have and I will pray for good health, more jobs that you can take and more quality and fun times with your loveones.
     
    Today I picked up Josh Pyke's Feeding the Wolves and it is an excellent mini-album (26 mins.) by an accomplished singer/songwriter. Well-written, slightly sardonic ballads in a similar vein to Elliott Smith (as people have noted), based around guitar, with well-arranged harmonies and a nice aftertaste.

    I was also pleasantly surprised to find I knew a couple of the songs from airplay on JJJ. Consider this one recommended!
     
    Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?