<$BlogRSDURL$>


Monday, January 29, 2007

Moth & Tanuki Mania 2! 

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingThe new issue of Mania magazine (#69, Feb. 2007) is out - spot Tanuki on the cover!

Inside you'll find two more 2 page strips featuring Moth & Tanuki. These are a bit different in style, as I've grown into the format.

Both strips this time feature Mothy a bit more. Originally, I'd set up the stories to alternate featuring either Moth or Tanuki, but some necessary reshuffling of episodes has meant these two ran together. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




There's always a balance between gag-based and character-based strips. I think this is pretty much one of each. The second one is probably a good indicator of the way ideas come about (regular readers of my blog will know where this one came from - see the pic above).

From here on, it'll be 4 page mini-epic stories, which is a great format to work with - there's scope for plenty of action and storytelling.

Labels: ,


Comments:
that's good news!
 
Hi Ian, I tagged you for 6 weird things. Hope you won't mind!Come over to see the rules. Play if you want to or have time!
 
Hey Ian, No worries I totally understand and funny enough I usually ignore these too but I was tagged by a friend so what are you gonna do? Sorry and hope this wasn't a bother, Take good care! ~val
 
I think Mothy should hook up with poor Arthur from "The Tick."
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?